Emergency Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Monday · December 11, 2017
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Salem) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Stabilizes all critically ill or injured patients.
- Compensation formula includes base salary and market rate.
- As a VA EM Physician, you will join a collegial group of providers practicing a rewarding brand of medicine.
- Participates in facility's academic and research missions.
- Admits patients to hospital or discharge from ED with appropriate follow-up.
- Facilitates the delivery of care in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Practice evidence based medicine without the hassles of high malpractice premiums and associated overhead costs!
- VA employees also enjoy a robust Government benefit package that includes medical, retirement, dental, vision, malpractice insurance, flexible spending accounts, long term care insurance 26 paid vacation days, 13 paid sick days, and 10 paid holidays.
- In addition to the rich diversity of metropolitan experiences available to our residents, the Roanoke Valley also offers numerous opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, including the Roanoke Star and its overlook of the Roanoke Valley, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Appalachian Trail, Smith Mountain Lake, beautiful mountainside wineries and golf courses, and a variety of National parks and wildlife areas.
- Salem, Virginia is located adjacent to Roanoke, both of which are nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia.
- Practice at any VA facility with just 1 state license)Relocation/Recruitment incentive and annually performance bonus.
- The Salem & Roanoke metropolitan area provides its residents with a reasonable cost of living, affordable housing, low taxes, some of the finest public and private schools in Virginia, and many urban amenities traditionally expected of larger areas, including art and entertainment venues, museums and galleries, symphony, ballet, and competitive youth sports for the family.
- More time to spend with patients.
- The Salem VA Medical Center is a modern, 288 bed facility located in the Salem/Roanoke area of southwest Virginia.
- Virginia medical license not needed.
- The Emergency Department has an annual census of approximately 20,000 consisting of acutely ill patients with complex medical problems.
- Discuss treatment plan with patient and /or family and caregivers.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Salem, VA.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- The Salem VA Medical Center, situated in one of the most beautiful regions of the country, is looking for dynamic BC/BE Emergency Medicine Physicians to provide patient care to the Veteran population.
- The Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Salem, VA is a vibrant progressive level III teaching hospital, with an academic affiliation with the University of Virginia.
- In addition there is an annual incentive bonus based on quality and service measures such as patient satisfaction and performance appraisal.
- Compensation is commensurate with education, training and experience.
- The facility has medical school affiliations with the University of Virginia School of Medicine, the Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago