Emergency Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Wednesday · February 21, 2018
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Washington) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- We are one of six regional nodes for the Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (Pecarn), which treats over 1 million pediatric patients per year at 18 hospitals.
- Uniquely, as the home to the United States government, DC offers numerous opportunities to be involved in advocacy work.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Washington, DC.
- Our large and diverse faculty consists of successful clinicians, physician educators, physician researchers and physician advocates.
- DC is close to 3 major airports and easily accessible to NYC, Boston and Philadelphia by train.
- Children's National Health System in Washington, DC is seeking energetic and enthusiastic PEM physicians.
- Children's National has dramatically increased its NIH funding over the last 17 years and is now in the top 10 in the nation for pediatric centers.
- We currently have 37 Pediatric Emergency Physicians and 12 fellows.
- In addition to an exciting and challenging clinical program, our faculty are actively involved in major academic pursuits.
- We are the lead institution in the first pediatric study to utilize the FDA exception from informed consent for emergency research, and our asthma research is the cornerstone of a multidisciplinary and multi-agency regional asthma center.
- Candidates who are board-eligible or board-certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine and interested in a stimulating, collaborative environment should apply.
- We also provide leadership and online medical control for our Transport Medicine program, which includes an in-house helicopter transport system and a state-of-the-art communications center.
- Between the two campuses we have more then 130,000 pediatric ED visits a year.
- In addition to numerous art museums, galleries, theatres and restaurants, DC has easy access to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the beaches of the Eastern Shore.
- Children's National Health System has two Emergency Departments, a 40 bed ED located at our main campus and a 15 bed ED at United Medical Center in Southeast Washington, DC.
- The Washington, DC area is a great place to live with a variety of options for lifestyle and recreation.
- We also employ pediatricians, nurse practitioners, and PAs.
- PEM faculty serve as affiliated faculty at George Washington University School of Medicine.
- Children's Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center is the only free standing children's hospital in the area and serves as the only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center in Washington, DC.
- PEM physicians are able to take advantage of tuition remission opportunities at George Washington University.
- The climate is mild with warm summers and snowy winters, along with beautiful falls and springs.
- In addition to Pecarn, we have federal funding to support research in the treatment of status epilepticus, research to improve the regional delivery of asthma care, and basic research on the genomics of asthma and sepsis.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago