Emergency Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Wednesday · October 18, 2017
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Washington) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- 130,000 pediatric ED visits a year.
- Works collaboratively with other Division Chiefs to develop multidisciplinary programs to promote optimal care for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Continuing Medical Education and remains current on the developments and progress in his/her subspecialty.
- This may include intramural as well as regional and national education.
- We currently have over 40 Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians and 12 fellows.
- The Washington, DC area is a great place to live with a variety of options for lifestyle and recreation.
- Between the two campuses we see.
- The successful candidate will have a MD or DO with at least 7 years of experience in Pediatric Emergency Medicine and previous experience managing a program in an academic setting.
- Is responsible for supervising the Director of Education in the Division, including educational activities specific to the Division and the educational needs of the institution as a whole.
- Specific Requirements and Preferences.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience.
- Minimum Work Experience.
- Definition, analysis, proposal, execution and evaluation.
- Ability to bridge cultural boundaries and norms to overcome barriers and improve outcomes.
- Mission Statement.
- Children's National is the only free-standing children's hospital and the only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center in Washington, DC.
- Required Licenses and Certifications.
- Board certification in Pediatrics is preferred.
- Leading the creation of innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges.
- Providing a quality health care experience for our patients and families.
- These will be in line with the strategic and financial goals set for the Division by the Chief of Emergency Medicine.
- Is actively involved in key relevant hospital activities and committees.
- In this effort, she/he will work closely with and advise the Chief of Emergency Medicine.
- As the nation's children's hospital, the mission of Children's National Health System is to excel in Care, Advocacy, Research and Education.
- Medical Doctor (MD or DO).
- Board certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, suppliers and customers.
- Minimum Education.
- The Clinical Chief of Emergency Medicine will be part of the Division's executive leadership team (with the Chief of Emergency Medicine and the Director of Emergency Nursing).
- The Division of Emergency Medicine at Children's National Health System currently has an opening for a Clinical Chief of Emergency Medicine.
- Fully licensed and credentialed attending staff category physician on the medical staff of Children's National Medical Center.
- Uniquely, as the home to the United States government, DC offers numerous opportunities to be involved in advocacy work.
- Ability to influence on a global and virtual stage, demonstrating courage, an approachable style and inspiring confidence.
- Is responsible, with the Director of Emergency Nursing, for day-to-day oversight of the Emtc and UMC Emergency Departments.
- Is responsible, with the Chief of Emergency Medicine and Director of Emergency Nursing, for the financial accountability of the Division.
- In addition to numerous art museums, galleries, theatres and restaurants, DC has easy access to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the beaches of the Eastern Shore.
- The climate is mild with warm summers and snowy winters, along with beautiful falls and springs.
- DC is close to 3 major airports and easily accessible to NYC, Boston and Philadelphia by car/train.
- 7 years after completion of clinical training in Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Washington, DC.
- She/he should have excellent analytical and leadership skills and the ability to lead the entire range of problem solving work.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief of Emergency Medicine.
- Maintains the professional standards of the Division, ensuring professional behavior of all Division members, striving to meet the institution's goal of being an employer of choice.
- She/he will manage a staff of Medical Unit Directors to lead the day-to-day clinical operations and educational efforts of the Division.
- Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Children's National has two Emergency Departments: 1) a 40 bed ED located at our main campus and 2) a 15 bed ED at United Medical Center in Southeast Washington, DC.
- Is responsible for the preparation of annual clinical and educational reports and external or internal reviews, as required.
- Required Skills/Knowledge.
- Is accountable for clinical and educational quality outcomes.
- Strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills.
- Below I've provided details about our organization and the position we wish to fill.
- Leads the clinical operations and educational efforts of the Division.
- Conducts meetings of the Division medical staff on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Is responsible for enforcement, within the Division, of the hospital and medical staff bylaws and policies and procedures.
- Our large and diverse faculty consists of successful clinicians, educators, scientists, and advocates.
- Our physicians have full faculty appointments in the George Washington University School of Medicine.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago